Legacy

https://campingcoroso.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/admin-ajax.jpg
Accommodation, Bungalow, Uncategorized

From 1770 and thanks to King Carlos III begins to establish business with America in the Galician ports starts an important economic development. This new boom in maritime galicia prompted the late eighteenth century the arrival of Catalan industrialists who introduced in Galicia a new industrial art of preserving fish “salting” as well as new gear as xábega was initiated.

From 1770 and thanks to King Carlos III begins to establish business with America in the Galician ports starts an important economic development. This new boom in maritime galicia prompted the late eighteenth century the arrival of Catalan industrialists who introduced in Galicia a new industrial art of preserving fish “salting” as well as new gear as xábega was initiated.
Among the first saltworks that were built is the beach of “Coroso” built on land that Carlos IV in 1790 donated to the Catalan family “Sáiz” dedicated to fishing and shipping industries.
It is in these lands that we refer where, from 1970 to the present, is located the Camping de Coroso. The old factory of Salazón is, at present, the cafeteria-restaurant of the camping.